Why I got involved in politics
I am passionate about our local community, public services and workers’ rights. I believe the greatest way to change things is to get involved and that is why I ran for election.
Support Local Businesses
Empowering people back to work and supporting initiatives that will encourage local employment and support local businesses.
Supporting improvements in cycling facilities and an integrated and effective public transport system for all.
Smarter Planning for the Area
Ensure that planning decisions are community based and in the best interests of our local area.
Supporting local organisations and initiatives and ensuring that community involvement in local planning, policing and services is at the heart of the Council.
Support and protect Youth Facilities to help tackle anti-social behaviour in our communities.
Protect and promote recreational amenities and play areas.
- Elected May 2014 and May 2019 to Dún Laoghaire Rathdown County Council.
- Drafting, passing and implementation of various policies.
- Creation of the County Development Plan for Dún Laoghaire Rathdown.
- Working with various Local and National Government departments.
I am a full time Trade Union Organiser and a Peace Commissioner in the County of Dublin and within the counties
Clubs and Committees
As a public representative I have served as an active and leading member on several boards and committees including:
• Community Development, Culture and Ageing Strategic Policy Committee, 2016 – Present (Chairperson 2016 – 2019)
• Local Community Development Committee (LCDC), 2014 – 2019
• Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown Drug and Alcohol Task Force, 2016 – Present
• Dublin Rural LEADER LAG, 2014 – 2019
• Chairperson of the Dundrum Area Committee 2020 - 2021
• Joint Policing Committee, 2014 – 2019
• Chairperson of the Public Art Steering Group 2016 – 2019
• Eastern and Midlands Regional Assembly
• Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown Corporate Policy Group, 2016 – 2019
• Economic Development & Enterprise Strategic Policy Committee, 2014 - 2019
• Social Housing Strategic Policy Committee, 2014 – 2016
• Organisation, Procedure and Protocol Committee, 2014 – Present
• Transportation and Marine Strategic Policy Committee 2019 – Present
• Goverming Body member of Dún Laoghaire Institute of Art, Design and Technology 2020 - Present
• Board of Director of the dlr Mill Theatre Dundrum
I have been involved in a number of different community groups:
• Scouter and former Group Leader of the 137th Balally Scout Group
• Member of Glencullen Dundrum Musical & Dramatic Society
• Member of Naomh Olaf GAA Club
• Member of De La Salle Palmerston FC
• Member of Balaly Plalers