Constituency: Dublin Bay South
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 086 3482791
My involvement in Labour has always been grounded in the pursuit of equality, civil liberties and solidarity as fundamental political principles. I believe a collaborative approach is the only way to achieve our political aims.
We all know the party faces many challenges. The EB needs members with the values, drive and ability to foster a culture of trust among party members and with the wider public. I hope that my experience from political, professional and voluntary activities demonstrates my commitment to Labour, our values and my capacity to work constructively with colleagues as we enter a crucial election cycle.
- Chair of the International Affairs Unit, representing Labour at PES activities & improving our international network
- Member of core team for Ivana Bacik’s successful by-election campaign
- During my decade overseas, I flew home to assist on multiple party campaigns. Since my return, I have been a steadfast canvasser for candidates such as Kevin Humphries, Kevin Donoghue and others.
- I work with NGOs in sectors including health, disability, migration, housing & homelessness, advising on campaign strategy, advocacy, policy & communication
- Former policy advisor at the Foundation for European Progressive Studies (PES think tank) and the S&D Group in the European Parliament
- Former manager, Claremorris Community Radio
- Other senior roles in public opinion research, PR & public affairs
- Branch vice-chair, National Union of Journalists
- Associate board, Museum of Childhood Ireland
- Food delivery driver, Robert Emmet CDP Covid-19 response
- Corner back, Geraldines P. Moran’s GAA
Branch: Carlow/Kilkenny Constituency
My name is Conal O’Boyle, I am a member of the Carlow/Kilkenny Constituency and I am delighted to stand in the Executive Board Election 2023.
I am currently studying Law in SETU Carlow. I am running to provide the party with a youth voice on the EB, to be able to connect with the younger generation, who currently view Labour as a party with nothing to offer them. As we see the political landscape shift dramatically, we need to work to ensure Labour are not left behind.
We need to work to develop party policy, membership and messaging to be in a position to grow and be prepared in the lead up to the next election.
In rising to this challenge, I want to offer the party a new voice, a new outlook, and a new energy. Your support at conference will allow me to do that.
My concern for the Labour party goes beyond politics, it’s personal. The Labour party and union movement represented and fought for the interests of my grandparents and parents leading to freedoms and opportunities for me that they could only dream of.
Today issues of social injustice, affronts to human dignity, challenges to human rights and widening economic inequalities abound. The Labour Party’s stated purpose is to attack these problems, find solutions and empower others to generate conditions of freedom, solidarity, justice, economic security, and equality.
As your representative on the Executive Board, I want to bring a sharp focus and ensure:
- Our policies, activities and approach to any issue utilises the lens of our purpose.
- A strategic approach to all activities with appropriate planning and prioritisation.
- A communications strategy that ensures our message resonates with the public.
- 15 years as a co-ordinator, social worker, and senior administrator in a variety of public and non-profit agencies.
- Party member for 14 years working on a variety of branch, constituency, and national committees.
Dublin North West Constituency Council
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 087 418 5504
Whitehall Santry Branch
I have been a member of the Party since 1978 and have seen Labour’s highs and disappointing lows. I want to use my position on the Executive Board to assist the process of wining back the trust of the electorate, build the party to a sustainable strength that can see Labour grow to being the dominant party within the state. I want to assist Labour rebuilding its belief in itself, grow its membership nationally, become a mass movement that represents the interests of working people, eradicate poverty while making Ireland a progressive, inclusive and wealthy society. I want to be part of a team that re-energises our local organisations, bring forward policies and candidates that can win seats for the Party. I want to be part of the Executive Board that modernises our party. In the immediate future, it will be about restabilising Labour as leaders of the left.
Email; [email protected]
Phone; +353 85 754 7110
Hello my name is Ben Slimm and I am seeking your support as I run to keep my seat on the Labour Party Executive Board. I am engagement professional with 8+ years of experience in the third level education sector. I holds a BA (Hons) in TV, Radio and New Media Broadcasting and MSc Digital Marketing Strategy, where I specialised in utilising digital tools to organise political party members. I also hold a Level 8 Post-Graduate Certificate in Leadership & Transformational Change.
Ben also has extensive experience in industrial relations, employee support & development through his position as Forsa Representative for the MTU Kerry Campus. He also sits on the Forsa Higher Education Branch Executive. Ben is a proud Trade Unionist. This is the voice I bring as a member of the Executive.
Ben is also currently chair of the Labour Party in Kerry and was a Labour Party candidate in the 2019 local election.