The Labour Party will will be gathering at Hugh Lane Gallery at 12:45pm. Join us to show this government that we will no longer put up with escalating rents, growing house prices and children growing up in homelessness.
This government pay lip-service to Housing “For All” but in reality their housing policy misses the mark, its time to make them change their position. Show up and Raise the Roof with us.
Housing is the political issue of our time. Rents are increasing, young people can’t afford a home and we see record numbers of people in homelessness. The government response, “Housing For All” is failing fast, with all the indicators going in the wrong direction.
The Labour Party is a member of the “Raise The Roof” campaign which is an umbrella group of political parties, trade unions and NGO’s who want to see real action on the housing crisis.
We are taking to the streets on Saturday 26th of November demanding action from the government and key State bodies to step in to deliver:
• A State-led housing programme with a mandate to deliver affordable homes for all
• A new State body with responsibility for housing delivery
• Emergency measures to reduce homelessness and shorten time spent in emergency accommodation
• An end to ‘no fault’ evictions, a freeze on rents and long-term security for renters
• A legal Right to Housing.