BURTON TO HOST SEMINAR ON THE STATE ON THE NATION & BREXIT
Tomorrow, Saturday 4th February, Labour Party spokesperson on Finance, Joan Burton will host a seminar on the State of the Nation, covering investment, jobs and training in the context of Brexit. It will take place from 10am in the Oak Room in the Mansion House, Dawson Street, Dublin.
Deputy Burton will also deliver a major speech on the need for a special status for the island of Ireland in the Brexit negotiations.
Journalists welcome. Agenda below.
Speakers include Jack O’Connor of SIPTU, Dr. Alan Barrett of the ESRI, and Professor Aidan Regan of UCD).
Date: Saturday 4th February 2017
Time: 10am – 1pm
Location: Oak Room in the Mansion House, Dawson Street, Dublin
Agenda & Speakers:
10.00 REGISTRATION & TEA/COFFEE
10.30 OPENING ADDRESS: LARKIN’S 70TH ANNIVERSARY
- Jack O’Connor (SIPTU, General President)
10.40 SESSION 1: GROWTH, PUBLIC INVESTMENT & BREXIT – IRELAND NOW
- Dr. Alan Barrett (ESRI)
- Gerry Brady (Senior Economist IBEC)
- Joan Burton TD, Labour Spokesperson on Finance
- Chair: Cllr Rebecca Moynihan, Deputy Lord Mayor
12.00 TEA/COFFEE BREAK
12.10 SESSION 2: JOBS, SKILLS & APPRENTICESHIPS – THE CHALLENGE AHEAD
- Professor Aidan Regan (UCD School of Politics & International Relations)
- Laura Harmon (former USI President)
- Chair: Cllr Martina Genockey, Deputy Mayor South Dublin