Labour Trade Unionists
Labour Trade Unionists is a formal section of the Labour Party, which is made up of all party members who are also members of a union.
While our identities remain separate, the Labour Party and trade unions have always worked closely together with a common commitment to good living standards and wages, human rights, democracy, equality, social justice and strong public services.
Labour Trade Unionists’ objectives include:
- Winning support among trade union members who instinctively think Labour.
- Increasing membership and growing the debate among working people.
- Promoting union membership among all Labour Party members and staff.
- Coordinating trade union support for real Labour values and election candidates.
- Liaising between the Party and the wider trade union movement.
The current Chair and Vice Chair of Labour Trade Unionists is Paddy Cole (SIPTU) and Moira Leydon (ASTI)