Howlin to address seminar on 50th Anniversary of Civil Rights Movement – Drogheda Saturday 11am
This Saturday 7th July, Labour Party Leader Brendan Howlin TD will deliver a keynote speech at a seminar in Drogheda in commemoration of the 50th Anniversary of the Civil Rights Movement.
It will start at 11:00 in the Droichead Arts Theatre on Stockwell Street, Drogheda, Co Louth.
The seminar will be chaired by Dominic Hannigan, chair of the International Affairs Unit of the Labour Party
Following the keynote speech there will be a discussion with the following panellists:
- Colin McGrath MLA, SDLP Spokesperson on Education, to discuss education issues in the North.
- Professor Yvonne Galligan of Queen’s University Belfast, who will discuss Gender and Democracy.
- Ethel Buckley, Deputy General Secretary of SIPTU, to discuss her Union’s campaign for Equality issues.
- Senator Ged Nash, discussing ongoing Equality issues in the South.
- Councillor Deirdre Kingston, who will speak about the fight for the Repeal of the 8th and the forthcoming referendum on The Role of Women in Irish Life.
What: Labour Party seminar Commemorating the 50th Anniversary of the Civil Rights Movement.
When: 11am – 1pm, Saturday 7th July.
Where: Droichead Arts Theatre, Stockwell Street, Drogheda, Co Louth.