Labour Party Conference continues with Brexit and Workers Rights
The 70th Labour party Conference will reconvene from 10.30am this morning, Sunday 4th November in the Ballsbridge Hotel. There will be a media doorstep at 2pm with Brendan Howlin TD.
Debate will resume on party affairs motions concerning coalition, and leadership eligiblity. Following that will be motions on Culture, Heritage & the Gaeltacht; Brexit; Business, Enterprise & Innovation.
There will be a Brexit Panel Discussion chaired by Dominic Hannigan, chair of the International Unit, with:
- Claire Hanna MLA, SDLP Finance spokesperson.
- Stephen Pound MP, UK Labour Party Shadow Minister for Northern Ireland.
- Manuel Cortes, General Secretary, TSSA Union.
This will be followed with the “A Workers Republic” plenary on Labour’s Policy Document ‘Decent Work for All’ that will be chaired by Fiona Dunne, Chair of Labour Trade Unionists with
- Sen. Ged Nash,Labour spokesperson on Employment Affairs.
- Sheila Nunan President of ICTU.
- John Douglas General Secretary of Mandate.
- Brian Nolan, Deputy General Secretary of Connect Trade Union.
- Ethel Buckley, Deputy General Secretary SIPTU.
2pm: Final doorstep with Labour Party Leader Brendan Howlin.