Labour Party to hold 5 Leadership Hustings
On the close of nominations, two candidates are contesting the election for a new Labour Party Leader – Alan Kelly TD and Aodhán Ó Ríordáin TD.
The Labour Party has organised five hustings for party members to take place over the coming weeks that will include an opening address from each TD followed by a Q&A session for members. These are:
- Monday 2nd March – Cork – 8pm, Clayton Hotel Silver Springs, Cork, covering Cork, Kerry, Waterford, Limerick and Tipperary.
- Thursday 5th March – North Dublin – 8pm, Clayton Airport Hotel covering North Dublin, Louth, Meath, Cavan and Monaghan.
- Monday 9th March – Mullingar – 8pm, Mullingar Park Hotel covering Carlow, Kilkenny, Kildare, Laois, Offaly, Longford, Westmeath and Wexford.
- Thursday 12th March – Galway – 8pm, Harbour Hotel, New Dock Road covering Clare, Donegal, Galway, Mayo, Roscommon, Sligo and Leitrim.
- Saturday 21st March – South Dublin – 2pm – Talbot Hotel, Stillorgan, covering South Dublin and Wicklow.
The meetings are open to accredited media. Journalists are asked to register in advance with the Labour Press Office in order to guarantee entry on the night. Questions may only be asked at the meetings by eligible Labour Party members. Individual campaigns may decide to hold their own doorsteps.
To qualify for a vote, Labour Party members must have been registered at Head Office as a member at least 18 months before the close of nominations (i.e., before 28 August 2018), and their membership must be fully paid-up at least 21 days before polling day, that is by 13th March 2020.
A voting register will then be created on Friday 13th March 2020 and ballot papers will issue by post the week beginning March 16th.
The close of poll will be 12pm on Friday 3rd April and the count will be held later that day.